The European Commission's investigation into potential anti-competition rule breaches by Formula 1 has moved on to 'the next level', says deputy Force India deputy team principal Bob Fernley.
Force India and Sauber lodged a complaint with the EU last year complaining that some elements of F1 – such as prize money distribution – could be a breach of regulations.
Although there has been no official statement from the EU about the matter, Fernley confirmed on Friday that things were moving on as others teams had now been asked to provide information to help the investigation.
"We have put in the complaint, that's common knowledge," said Fernley. "It has gone through due process and I can confirm it has gone to next level in terms of a request for further information from the EU. Who those have been sent to, I don't know.
"From our point of view, because we're in legal process with them, we can't say anything about what we're doing – but I can confirm it is at that stage from an EU point of view."
Fernley also refused to deny suggestions that there could be a separate legal action launched in the United States about the prize money situations.
"It's not appropriate for us to discuss something where we're getting legal advice," he said. "It's probably a bit speculative – but for sure everything is still on the table from our side.
"We are very, very committed to challenging what we believe is a very anti-competitive system with these bi-lateral agreements. Whatever it takes to deliver that, we will certainly look at."