Effective Date: February 9, 2017
Motor1.com shall include any parent companies, affiliates, directors, officers, and employees.
The Site provides users with various services, including an online platform that enables users to (1) comparison shop new and/or used vehicle pricing based on style, brand or payment amount; (2) fill out contact forms to ask questions and be placed in contact with an original equipment manufacturer, local vehicle dealer and/or seller; and (3) learn more about pricing on new and/or used vehicle inventory through a toll free telephone number (the "Services"). By using the Site or by providing personal information to us, you agree to the terms set forth below (the "Terms"). We respect your privacy when you use our Site, mobile applications and/or other products and services.
This policy does not cover the practices of companies that Motor1.com does not own or control, or to people that Motor1.com does not employ or manage, or to information collected by means other than those provided on this Site.
3. How Information is Collected and Used by Motor1.com
Information We Collect
Motor1.com collects and/or aggregates the following information:
- The Personal Information that You Provide.Motor1.com collects Personal Information from you when you:
- Use Our Online Quote Form to Request Additional Information. When you use our online quote form to request additional information, we ask for Personal Information such as your name, email address and phone number. We will subsequently share this information with dealers and/or sellers near you. We may also follow up with a phone call and/or email communications to request and/or share additional information about the subject of your request.
- Use Our Toll Free Number to Contact Us.When you call us, we (or a service partner acting on our behalf) may request and collect additional Personal Information to learn more about you, your needs and place you in contact with a seller. We (or a service partner acting on our behalf) may also collect non-personal information about the call.
- Analytical Information.Motor1.com uses automated methods to collect and aggregate information regarding general use of the Site. This is collected and stored in the form of user analytics, and is used to help us improve user experience and the relevance of content that we provide. This analytical information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your IP address and the type of browser and operating system used.
- The date and time you accessed the Site and the pages you visited.
- Whether or not you linked from or to another website.
- Whether or not you open any email from Motor1.com, and if so, the links that you click within the email.
- Your ISP or mobile carrier, and the type of handheld or mobile device that you used.
- Cookies, Local Shared Objects, Web Beacons and other Data Technologies.Motor1.com automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Cookies. Cookies are small identifiers sent from a web server and stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser and/or storing information or settings in your browser.
- Local Shared Objects.Local shared objects are used to store your preferences or display content based on what you have viewed on other websites. They are sometimes known as "Flash Cookies", and are used to personalize your viewing experience.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons link web pages to web servers and their cookies.
- Data Technologies.Any other technology that may be developed to track and analyze online browsing patterns and provide more customized browsing experiences on Motor1.com.
- Publicly Posted Information. Motor1.com may collect information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, list serves, chat rooms or similar functionality. This information is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law.
- Combined Information and Information from Other Sources. We may combine Personal Information that you provide to us with information we receive from our affiliates and other sources, as well as with other information that is automatically collected. The combined information may include information about your use of the Sites, your use of other websites, devices and mobile applications and information from our affiliates and other sources.
4. How Motor1.com Uses the Personal Information It Collects
Motor1.com may share your Personal Information in the following ways:
- To Provide You with the Products or Services You Requested. We share the Personal Information that you provide to vehicle dealers, sellers and/or original equipment manufactures and their representatives and/or affiliates. We may do this in return for compensation or otherwise. We do this so that they can follow up with additional information about the products or services you request and sell you a motor vehicle. These sellers may use your Personal Information to communicate with you about the offers they are listed on Motor1.com and/or related offers and/or products, and will use the information in accordance to their respective privacy policies.
- For Everyday Business. Everyday business purposes, include providing you with information about similar products or offers to the one that you inquired about, as well as managing your user account (if any), diagnosing technical issues, improving financial performance, improving user experience and evaluating our business.
- In Response to Legal Action. Motor1.com will share your Personal Information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- To Prevent Fraud or Illegal Action. Motor1.com will share your Personal Information when we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Motor1.com Terms or Use, or as otherwise required by law.
Outside of these circumstances listed above, we do not sell or otherwise share your Personal Information.
Transferability. If someone bought Motor1.com or if Motor1.com is merged with another company, Motor1.com will transfer your Personal Information to the entity who either acquired or merged with Motor1.com so that this party could carry on Motor1.com business functions.
Verification of Vendors and Partners. As noted above, we may share your Personal Information whether in return for compensation or otherwise with various sellers, vendors, suppliers, and advertisers who wish to do business, or attempt to do business with you, so that they can sell you a motor vehicle. While we use good faith efforts to verify that such sellers, original equipment manufacturers, vendors, suppliers, and advertisers promote products and services of interest to site users, we cannot, and do not, endorse such vendors, suppliers, advertisers, products or services unless we expressly state otherwise.
Your Consent. By using the services on this Site, you give to us and to those to whom we provide your information the right to contact you and to attempt to sell to you one or more motor vehicles. This includes packaging your information and providing it for compensation or otherwise to a vehicle seller or related party as a sales lead.
Your use of this Site establishes a business or other applicable relationship with us for purposes of CAN-SPAM, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and all other applicable law that addresses unsolicited commercial communications.
If you wish us to refrain from providing your Personal Information in this manner, please see the opt-out information and contact information provided below.
Most web browsers include a "do not track" setting. There is a lack of certainty among companies on the web about the impact of the setting on the information collected. If you enable that setting, it will not change what information is exchanged with your computer, or how that information is used, when you visit our website(s).
6. Data Security
Motor1.com commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard information about you in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Of course, despite these measures, we cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
7. Opt-Out Procedures and Processes
Users who no longer wish to receive Motor1.com promotional materials or have their Personal Information provided to third parties may opt to not receive such communications or have information shared by contacting us using the information below.
Motor1.com will comply with such requests as soon as is commercially practicable. This compliance may involve batch processing and other processes that may take ten (10) days or longer to process.
To opt out of Motor1.com communications or to change your preference as to how we share your information with third parties and sellers, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line "Motor1.com Opt Out Request".
NOTE: We will continue to keep your Personal Information and any related information to the extent necessary to maintain our relationship with you and/or respond to any governmental or legal proceedings.
Opt-Out Rescission. If you opt not to receive Motor1.com communications or if you opt to not allow us to share your Personal Information with third parties and sellers, but then either (a) provide your Personal Information to us again using the Site, (b) provide your Personal Information to us again using a related site owned by a Motor1.com affiliate or parent or (c) under other circumstances permit us to use your Personal Information, then we will regard your opt-out as rescinded.
8. Special Information for California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California users to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed certain information about you to any third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. California users who wish to request further information in compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about Motor1.com's privacy practices may contact us at email@example.com subject line "Motor1.com CA Privacy Disclosures".
Online Tracking Policy for California Residents: As of the effective date of this Privacy Statement, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers, therefore we do not respond to them.
11. Questions and Suggestions
Motor1.com Auto Channel - Inquiries
1600 E Grand Boulevard, Suite 5
Detroit, MI 48211
NOTICE: Click here for important information about safe surfing from the Federal Trade Commission.